|Trustees||Members of the Board of Directors||Members of General Assembly|
Major General (ret.) David Ivry,
Honorary Chairman of Board
Our children and youth are the ones who will determine the future and character of Israel; they are our main resource. The increase in violence, alcohol and drug abuse is of major concern to all of us.
Together with a group of leading colleagues, I am involved in an initiative to contribute to the struggle against these risky behaviors.
I invite all those who share these goals to join the circle of supporters and friends of "Atid Batuah" – Secure Future.
Former Ambassador of Israel to the U.S.
Atid Batuah was founded by distinguished figures from the Israeli business world, former senior commanders of the Israeli army and police force, highly respected members of Israeli academia, and civil society leadership. Atid Batuah's members have joined together in order to integrate forces and act innovatively to create a better society. Atid Batuah is a platform for leading systematic and strategic change based on the understanding that violence prevention saves lives.
The increase of both the number and severity of violent behaviors among our children is a major concern. It is the inner terrorism consuming us. Too many of the children and youth are victims of bullying, harassment and even emotional, physical and sexual abuse.
We are in the midst of a struggle that will determine the character and future of both our youth and society in Israel.
Atid Batuah (Hebrew for Secure Future) is a forum of leading members acting to secure a better future for our children, free of violence and risk behaviors, and with better prospects to develop their full potential.
- Mobilizing youngsters themselves as agents of positive social change.
- Using preventative measures to prevent violence and risk behaviors before they begin.
- Working with the often overlooked mainstream children.
Our programs include:
- “Young Leaders for a Secure Future” – Teams of youth and children initiate projects for a secure future in their schools and communities.
- “Secure Future in our Town” – a unique, systemic program which incorporates all relevant municipal systems that are in charge of children and youngsters.
We have the power to prevent and create change, now, while we still have an opportunity to save our children, and not after they become victims of violence, alcohol or drugs. This is the challenge of all of us.
Mira Friedman Hemmo